1 a tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area [syn: glade]
2 the act of freeing from suspicion
3 the act of removing solid particles from a liquid [syn: clarification]
- Rhymes: -ɪərɪŋ
- present participle of clear
- The act or process of making or becoming clear.
- An area of land within a wood or forest devoid of trees.
- An open space in the fog etc.
- The process of exchanging cheques etc between banks, and the settlement of the net differences.
- A sequence of events used to disconnect a call, and return to the ready state.
An area of land within a wood or forest devoid of trees
An open space in the fog etc
The process of exchanging cheques etc between banks
A sequence of events used to disconnect a call, and return to the ready state
Clearing is the act of making or becoming clear. It may also mean:
- Clearing, Chicago
- Clearing, process of matching students to undergraduate vacancies in the United Kingdom via UCAS
- Clearing (finance)
- Clearing (album), Fred Frith album
- Clearing (gaming), act of removing all hostile creatures from a level or environment
- Clearing (geography), tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area, synonym of "glade"
- Clearing (telecommunications)
Lebensraum, absolution, acquittal, acquittance, air space, aperture, back country, breaking out, broaching, cavity, chasm, check, cleaning out, clear space, clearance, cleft, compurgation, corn field, crack, cultivated land, defecation, depletion, desert, destigmatization, destigmatizing, disburdening, discharge, discharging cargo, disclosure, disculpation, disembarrassment, disembroilment, disencumbrance, disengagement, disentanglement, disinvolvement, dislodgment, dismissal, distant prospect, drainage, draining, egress, elimination, empty view, emptying, evacuation, excretion, exculpation, excuse, exhausting, exhaustion, exoneration, explanation, extrication, fenestra, field, fistula, fontanel, foramen, forgiveness, freeing, gap, gape, gat, glade, gulf, hayfield, hiatus, hole, hollow, inlet, interval, justification, lacuna, laying open, leak, living space, off-loading, open country, open space, opening, opening up, orifice, outback, outlet, paddy, parcel of land, pardon, passageway, patch, piece of land, plain, plat, plot, pore, prairie, purgation, purging, quietus, quittance, rationalization, rehabilitation, reinstatement, release, releasing, remission, removal, restoration, rice paddy, slot, space, split, steppe, stoma, terrain, territory, throwing open, tract, uncluttering, uncorking, unhampering, unknotting, unloading, unraveling, unscrambling, unsnarling, unstopping, untangling, venting, verdict of acquittal, vindication, voidance, voiding, wheat field, wide-open spaces, wilderness, yawn